Condorra – Game Update 105/29/2016
Hello and welcome to the first update of Condorra, a game inspired by old school 2D RPGs like Final Fantasy. We will have these updates every other week showing the changes made.
This week I have been mostly working on improving the in-game editor:
- You can now rename objects
- Top- and Bottom Layers can now be edited *
- Ability to change the look of an object from the editor
- Added Scripting Function Log() will output to the game-console
- Added HTML Api so that you can edit/create DOM elements at runtime
This allowed to add a textarea for scripting purposes (see screenshot).
- Maps can now loaded via the LoadMap Button
* Internally there are 4 Layers to represent the game world. How these work in detail will be the topic of a future article.
- Terrain Layer: the ground, like grass, sand and water
- Bottom Layers: below Hero and NPCs
- Top Layers: above Hero and NPCs
- Collision Layer: indicates whether a tile can be walked on or not